Donald, Donald, Donald…..
Where shall I begin.
Just when I think you can’t get any more offensive, you prove me wrong. The only thing I like about you is that you’ve for all intents and purposes turned the republican presidential race into a circus show. So for that, I thank you. It’s been entertaining to watch Jeb squirm.
Let’s get back on track though shall we? So far you’ve managed to offend pretty much every group in the U.S. except white males. Let’s examine a few of your winning statements:
- They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to us. They’re bringing drugs.They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. (Mexicans)
- And some, I assume, are good people!(Mexicans)
- They’re sending us not the right people. It’s coming from more than Mexico. It’s coming from all over South and Latin America, and it’s coming probably from the Middle East.
- I have great respect for Mexico and love their people and their peoples’ great spirit.
- Anchor Baby
Stereotype much? Well, at least you assume some Mexicans are good people, and thank you for letting us know you have great respect for Mexico; I think we may have missed that had you not cleared it up for us……
“Sadly the American dream is dead. But if I get elected president, I will bring it back bigger and better and stronger than ever before and we will make America great again.”
Really Donald? You’ll bring it back bigger and better and stronger for who? The Mexican Americans, the African Americans, the Muslims, the Chinese Americans, women? I’m guessing NO. I do however think the right wing, KKK, gun toting, wealthy whites would absolutely see an America that’s better for them.
When reporter Jose Ramos attempts to press you for substantive answers regarding your mass deportation plan, you tell him to “go back to Univision” and have him escorted out.
When people start chanting “White Power” and executing hate crimes inspired by your rhetoric, you conveniently “aren’t aware” of it….
Pretty disturbing, that you avoid questions about deporting millions and turn your back when your racially biased platform rallies the support of radical white supremists. This is definitely not the type of person to be leading a meeting, much less a country in which the white majority will be gone in the next few decades!
We see and hear more and more white,right wingers shouting:
“Get out of my country!”
“Go back to where you came from!”
I am here to offer you poorly educated, ignorant folks a bit of history. Unless, you are Native American, you and your family are the immigrants! Donald Trump’s family immigrated here from Germany and Scottland and two of his three wives are 1st generation immigrants. I suppose Donald Trump’s children could be deemed “anchor babies” if we are going by his rules…Oh, I forgot, those rules don’t apply to white Europeans….
Here is my suggestion, why don’t we give Trump a parcel of land similar to what was “given” to the Native Americans. We can go ahead and call it a reservation. All those who fall into the following categories can live there:
- Racist Whites of a lesser degree, but who still hate people of color
- Anyone who uses the phrase “go back where you came from”
- Tea Party
- Ignorant bigoted rednecks
Once there, they can elect Trump as their president and he is WELCOME to build his wall around their land. In fact I’d dare say, many of us would help him build it.
So again, just so we are clear and I might spend a little less of each day moving forward attempting to educate the ignorant:
- This is not “your” country
- You will soon be the minority
- Please please read a history book!
One more thing, you already are the minority when it comes to state of mind. The love, acceptance and knowledge we share will always triumph over your hate and ignorance.
- Terry Krepel Founder and Editor, ConWebWatch.com; former senior editor, Media Matters